Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrself Clean & More!




Yes, there have been a lot more lcd soundsystem posts on this blog than other band, but the fact is, they just released a ridiculously good album, so what am I supposed to do? And in what seems to be becoming a running trend on this blog, this takes the cake for longest intro. It also takes the cake for biggest payoff. James Murphy certainly likes to draw things out, with most tracks on the new album going 9 minutes or longer and you know what? That's OK. But I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. Anyways, that's fine with me. When this kicks into gear, it's a minor facemelt.

If you are impatient, and can't wait for the beat to drop, then fast forward to the 3:00 minute mark and grab a hold of everything that's not bolted to the walls.

UPDATE
And just when I think things can't get any better. I stumble across a majestic rendition of "You Wanted A Hit" - remixed by Keljet. And wow, I didn't think anyone could improve on Murph's work, but Keljet has done just that. This one will blow up.

LCD Soundsystem - You Wanted a Hit (Keljet Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment