Thursday, October 21, 2010

Metric - Help I'm Alive (Krusha Remix)


Totally caught off guard. That's what I was. In the first minute of the song, it''s basically 3 songs mashed up. And you wonder who this Krusha character is. Well, Krusha is from Vancouver. And he drops some serious weight here with a mix of drum n bass and electro and a dash of lo-fi rock. It's an interesting sound. I can catch a hint of M83 in there too. Then you've got the lo-fi guitar breakdown at the 4:00 mark. This is all over the place, yet somehow  seamless throughout. I like what he's got going on here. Metric, who is also new to tmd is out of Toronto and currently based in New York. It's a nice little Canadian Connection for your Thursday afternoon. "I tremble". I'll most definitely be riding to this come this winter.

Metric - Help I'm Alive (Krusha Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment