Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Daft Punk Video Premiere - Derezzed




I swear I write about other robots than Daft Punk. But one day we won't be talking about Daft Punk. And that will be a sad day. The album is out. Tron comes out in 9 days. I cannot wait.

I've had a full couple of days to digest this album and am only now prepared to share my thoughts. I have to come this conclusion: It's really quite a masterpiece. It took me a while to come to grips with the fact that it was not going to be an album about other worldly synths and laser beams; but rather Daft Punk having their way with a 100 piece orchestra. And having a blast with it. They traded the synths for strings, horns and timpani drums and the result is a soundtrack that makes the most menial task seem like the most important mission you've ever accepted. Getting on the subway while listening to tron could quite possibly be the most intense experience you will ever have. Anything with tron = epic. Try crossing the street listening to 'Rinzler'. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment