Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Drums - Music Hall of Williamsburg


So Beach Fossils played the Music Hall of Williamsburg on Friday. Surprise special opener The Drums did too. They blew Beach Fossils out of the water. I haven't seen an opener upstage a "headliner" that badly in a long time. Not to take anything away from the Beach Fossils. They were great too. It was just the Drums were that much better. Their energy was amazing while they ripped through their short set and you could just tell that they are entertainers. The Drums' lead singer Jonathan Pierce is truly a showman. He is a hybrid of Mick Jagger and Anthony Michael Hall. He contorts and slithers around the stage in the same outfit that I wore in 1987 when i lived in Orlando and got my school picture taken with the laser background setting. Yep. I got that one.

I don't know if this was a review, a story or an observation. Either way, it just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment