Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hooray For Earth - True Loves (Happy Birthday TMD)



Today is a very special day for me. Exactly one year ago today I decided enough was enough. It was time to start something. Unlike most things in my life, this is something that has grown and I've stuck by it. In fact, as time has passed I think I've put more into this than I have just about anything else in my life. Believe it or not, this was something I had thought about doing for a long time, but I never had the stones to just dive in and start it. Then one day it just hit me. And with the coaxing of a good friend, the most definitely was born. What does the most definitely mean? Well, there is a meaning behind it, and yes I know that it is grammatically incorrect. That's not the point. The point is there are no rules here, there is no right and wrong. Just awesome. That's it.

Anyways, if you told me a year ago that I would be posting with more conviction a year later, I would have laughed and asked you if you needed an adjustment. Most of the tasks I take on in life remain unfinished (as does this by the way). But I have learned a lot in the last year. I don't think I've ever posted anything very personal on this blog, nor will I, save for this post. This blog is not about me. There's no "angle". It's just about spreading the word on things that I find to be awesome. Most of the time that includes music and rad videos involving the outdoors. Sometimes, I'll find a photographer I think people should know about.

I'm very thankful that people have decided to come and visit me here and check out what I have to say. And sometimes people even come back. It's been a very humbling learning experience for me and I hope that in the coming years, that continues. I had big plans for the site when I started it a year ago, and some of those plans have been realized, while others are still in the works. I still have a lot of work ahead of me.

We are in the midst of undergoing a massive renovation to the site which will be launched hopefully in the coming month. I am very excited about it, and I think it will take the site to the next level. Other awesome plans are in the works too, but their double secret, so I can't tell you about them yet. You'll see.

But I guess at the end of the day, I just want to say thanks for checking out the site. I hope you find it as interesting as I do. Happy Birthday TMD. Longest. Post. Ever.

PS- How sick is that video??

No comments:

Post a Comment