Friday, July 22, 2011

Bon Iver - Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub)


So, everyone has been all over Bon Iver as of late. And I have to be honest, I have been very resistant. Not because I'm a hater, or because I don't believe in hype. Not because I hate Kanye with a passion. I just wasn't hearing it. I tried, I really did. But this "rerub" gets me. And I get it. From the first guitar chords, I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I knew I was in for something different. And this drum beat is legit. And just a slight touch of synth to put in your pipe. The whole thing is a looper. As in, I'm probably going to loop it until I put it into it's grave. And that's OK. There's a time and a place for songs like this. That time is now. And that place is right fuckin here.

Bon Iver - Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub)

No comments:

Post a Comment