Thursday, September 15, 2011

DJ Shadow - Warning Call


The first time I heard DJ Shadow was 10 years ago in college. And it was life changing. I had never heard anything like it. This was long before the days of mashups and Girltalk. DJ Shadow was a pioneer. An innovator. DJ Shadow is more than a DJ. He is a producer, an artist, a visionary. I used to listen to his albums while taking the Amtrak up and down the East Coast from New York City to Boston. I looked forward to these three hour odysseys because they were epic. DJ Shadow has that rare ability to take a person outside of their own element. He makes the world around you come alive. As I would stare out the window watching the coastline pass me by, it was as if I were in my own music video, or even film. His music urges you to take an introspective view on things, and puts you in a pensive trance. Your imagination runs wild and time flies. It's awesome.

It's been 5 years since we heard anything new from DJ Shadow. His new album The Less You Know the Better drops September. I can't wait to hear what he's been up to. 

 DJ Shadow "Warning Call" (featuring Tom Vek) by GrillMarketing

No comments:

Post a Comment