Monday, November 7, 2011

Chromeo - Don't Turn The Lights On



Chromeo played Terminal 5 Friday and Saturday night. I was lucky enough to go Friday night. And it was bonkers. One of the better shows I've been to in a long time. They certainly can put on a spectacle. True showman, they were tight and on point. It was a total dance party from start to finish. Apparently there was an unofficial dress code, and that code was plaid for men, sexy outfits for women. It was certainly a lively and attractive crowd. As they chanted "Chromeo, oh oh" I felt like I was walking down the stairs and out into the boxing ring. The energy was high as they went right into their set playing all of their classics with great reditions of "Momma's Boy" "Bonafied Lovin" and energized versions of "Hot Mess" and "Don't Turn the Lights On" complete with Robert Palmer-esque backup singers and Peter Frampton-esque talk box. They couldn't have put on a better show. It had been a while since I had listened to Chromeo. Now they are back in heavy rotation, and I wonder why they ever left.






No comments:

Post a Comment