Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Denali Experiment



Yet another awesome film coming out that you should go see. This looks intense. Denali is a beast. I went to Denali when I was 14 and it was by far one of the coolest trips of my life. We spent a week in the park and it's outskirts. One of best memories from that trip for me was taking a prop plane out of Talkeetna, AK. We had a total space cadet for a pilot, but I guess you kind of have to be to be a pilot based out of Talkeetna. He let me grab the stick for a bit and literally fly through the mountains. I was 14. Probably not the safest thing to do. But certainly the coolest. We flew right over and around Denali. It was majestic and completely awe inspiring seeing planes landing on the base camp dropping off hikers and supplies, I knew I had to go back someday. I have not been back yet, but fully plan on it some day before I die. This is lighting the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment