Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Free Nada Surf Single

There was a time when all I could listen to was Nada Surf. It was about 10 years ago, and it was shortly after they released an album called Let Go. It was a watershed moment in my life. Ted Brugman told me about Nada Surf and their new album. I owe Ted a thank you for re-introducing me to a band that I had deemed dead years before. And life has never been the same since. Yes we've all heard of them from their "Popular" single that came out in 1996. I'm not sure a band could be more misinterpreted by those who cast them in the light. Let Go is one of those albums that needs to be listened to from start to finish. Preferably on a rainy day or a long drive. In one sitting. No rewind, no fast forward, just as is. As it was meant to be heard. It takes a certain type of person to get Nada Surf; but those that do, I will share a beer with any day. Most people don't and that's OK too. I just think everyone should be aware that they exist. Take some time and listen to Let Go and if you honestly don't like it, you're probably crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment