Sunday, April 3, 2011

LCD Soundsystem - Final Show at MSG - Entire Show



So, I'm feeling rather sad today. It is the first day of the new world we must get used to. We must carry on and move forward, but we will be doing so without lcd soundsystem playing the soundtrack to our lives. It is a brave new world and I'm really nervous for how it's going to go. I am actually a little surprised at how much this has affected me. I mean I knew I would be sad, but I didn't think I would be this sad. I'm completely devastated. I can't help but read every piece of information related to the band today. I keep forgetting that's it's over and then it hits me. BOOM. They're done. It hurts. It's getting bad.

What I will say is that if James Murphy wanted to go out on top, he certainly achieved what he set out to do. They are at the absolute pinnacle of their career. And he crafted it beautifully. Putting a massive exclamation point on a completely stellar and impeccable career with lcd soundsystem.

He says he will continue to DJ, and I'm sure we will see some sort of new project come our way with him behind it. But there will never be another lcd soundsystem and that's really really sad. Thank you for creating the beautiful and awesome music that you did.

While you're wiping up the tears, check out this interesting piece on James Murphy from Esquire: How LCD Soundsystem Changed Music

No comments:

Post a Comment